Leadership Development Program
YOU’VE READ THE BOOK – NOW BRING THE SKILLS TO LIFE WITH TRAINING!!
You noticed the rave reviews and accolades kept pouring in so you bought yourself a copy of Seven Disciplines of a Leader. You were inspired, you were psyched, you thought to yourself, “This is such practical, pragmatic information – how can I convey it to all the leaders that I’m trying to groom within my own organization?”
Welcome to Seven Disciplines of a Leader – The Training Solution!
What happens during the training? The training weaves lecturette, individual and group activities, case studies, and exercises into every session so that participants can practice newly-learned skills in a safe environment, receive feedback from their peers, and experience a solid transfer of the skills to their daily practice as leaders. Between sessions, or at the conclusion of a weeklong program, facilitators will provide 1-on-1 coaching to help solidify the skills learned for sustainable behavioral change. In addition, participants are given a 360º feedback survey which assesses their leadership capabilities.
How long is the training? The training can be customized to suit your timeframe and your budget. It can be delivered in one intensive 5-day session; it can be delivered in 6 workshops over an interval of 12 months; it can be delivered half virtually (webinars) and half classroom. All with the coaching component built in to address real-time issues. In addition, our training can easily be integrated into existing leadership development programs your organization already has in place.
What topics does the training program cover? The training program follows the same structure as the book and has participants examine and practice the Seven Disciplines first, followed by the Eleven Practices of an Effective Leader for a mastery of the skills needed to be an effective leader in today’s business environment.
I: The Nature of Highly Effective Leadership
- Identify behaviors which separate the mere manager from the leader people want to follow
- Evaluate your own strengths and weaknesses vis-à-vis these behaviors
- Explore why leadership is important to your organization and what it looks like to “do it right”
- Emulate leaders whose behaviors foster open, two-way communication with the team
- Identify how ego gets in the way of effectiveness; analyze fears that may hold you back
- Learn to borrow leadership attributes from situations on the world stage
- Analyze and recalibrate yourself in terms of the “Seven Deadly Leadership Sins”
- Create a plan to weave discipline into your daily life to improve your leadership
II: Seven Disciplines
- Discipline 1: Initiative and Influence
- Discipline 2: Vision, Strategy, and Alignment
- Discipline 3: Priorities, Planning, and Execution
- Discipline 4: Social/Emotional/Political Intelligence
- Discipline 5: Reciprocation, Collaboration, and Service
- Discipline 6: Love and Leverage
- Discipline 7: Renewal and Sustainability
III: Eleven Practices of Highly Effective Leaders
- Practice 1: Hire People Like a Casting Director
- Practice 2: Never Stop Developing People
- Practice 3: Understand the Value of Coaching
- Practice 4: Motivate and Inspire People
- Practice 5: Master Communication
- Practice 6: Build an Optimal Team
- Practice 7: Deliver Excellence and Satisfy Customers
- Practice 8: Balance Your Work and Personal Life
- Practice 9: Nurture Your Leaders and Retain High Performers
- Practice 10: Lead Desired Change
- Practice 11: Manage a Multigenerational Workforce